As of July 1, 2020, Toddler Town Chicago is open from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm and Toddler Town Evanston is open from 7 am to 5 pm with new policies and procedures until we reach Phase 5 in Illinois. Please check here for updates and detailed information.
When To Keep Your Child Home
Dear Parent(s) or Guardian(s):
As you may have heard in recent news, physicians at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to see widespread cases of influenza ahead of the peak season. The predominant virus for 2017-2018 is known as Influenza A (H3N2).
In order to minimize illness and preserve the health of our children, staff and their families, we ask that you keep sick children at home to prevent the spread of viruses and infections.
Please keep your child home if experiencing any of the following symptoms for a minimum of 24 hours:
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Vomiting (even once)
- General malaise or fatigue. Weakness or muscle aches
- Congested cough (“wet” cough)
- Copious nasal congestion with frequent nose blowing
- Consider keeping your child at home for an extra day of observation for the following symptoms:
- Very stuffy or runny nose and/or cough
- Mild sore throat (no fever, no known exposure to strep)
- Stomach ache
We are taking care to disinfect frequently touched surfaces and practice good hand washing. Please help us by teaching your children good hygiene habits:
- Cover mouth and nose with your arm (crease of elbow) when sneezing or coughing
- Wash hands frequently
- Wash hands after using a tissue or if coughing into hands
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth
Finally, seek medical attention for fevers lasting greater than 72 hours, unless directed otherwise by your pediatrician. Your child may return to school if fever-free for 24 hours without use of fever-reducing medicine and well controlled symptoms.
We also ask parents to please notify the center if your child is sick so that we can also prepare and notify other parents that there is a bug going around. We ask for common courtesy so that we can all stay healthy during these periods of time.
*KS @C.G.A for portions of this Notice