This week I wanted to share with everybody my favorite websites for parenting and recipe suggestions. The first one is Parents.com. You can find everything in one place, from pregnancy to school age, from healthy recipes to outdoor fun.
I love their food category! There is an article for Creative and Healthy Ways to Serve Fruit for Dinner. I found this one recently and my kids loved it.
15-Minute Pasta Salad
- 1 3/4 cups dried bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 ounces small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, halved
- Handful fresh basil leaves (shred if large)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, strawberries, cheese, and basil. Add the dressing; toss again.
- As usual I put some extra stuff (like blueberries and carrots). Click on this link for the full article.
More Time Outdoors!
Another thing I would like to share with you is an informative fact sheet from the National Wildlife Federation. It’s a helpful fact sheet on the benefits of kids spending more time outdoors.
After reading these facts I was even more encouraged to spend more time outside with my kids. That’s why yesterday we spent almost all day at the Chicago Botanic Garden (our favorite place). We had so much fun making a project in the Japanese garden and shopping for fruit and vegetables at the Farmers Market!!!
When we came home we took a nap and then back outside in the yard and a quick walk to the park. When we came back home we grilled and had dinner out in the yard. Free outdoor fun, and great healthy family time too! 🙂